Slightly, maybe, offtopic.

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Thu Sep 13 21:10:55 IST 2007

Paul Kelly :: Blacknight wrote:
> On Thu, September 13, 2007 8:51 pm, DAve wrote:
>> We are investing in VMWare and some other technologies quickly. I
>> understand or have seen mention of, others running MailScanner within
>> VMWare. I am beginning to think that has great potential from a DR and
>> multiple NOC point of view.
>>
>> Any pitfalls in running MailScanner in VMWare I should know about?
>>

> MailScanner is happiest with loads of memory and fast disks.
>
> If you can use raid 10 storage for your vm's file systems with 15k SAS
> drives behind it and you pack the host machines with lots of ram there
> shouldn't be much of an issue doing this.
>
> Paul

That shouldn't be a problem, we already have plenty of server under all
our MailScanner installs now. We can upgrade if needed. We are looking
at the possibility of virtualizing all the servers and using ESX to
manage them. We have big DR demands coming due in the coming months and
the email systems have to be HA and major disaster proof.

DAve

Veterans?