Mailscanner with CRM114 - getting past "unknown" in headers

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Thu Sep 13 20:16:18 IST 2007

Horton, Robert wrote:
> I too have those settings but do not receive them in the delivered
> version of the email.

There is something very odd going on. Mail to some addresses gets the
added headers as I reported earlier, but others do not get the headers.
I've done extensive testing using webmail (so as to not corrupt the
results due to a mail client stripping off headers) and find that mail
to my personal account does indeed get the added headers (but not any
data). Mail to some other accounts on the system do not get the CRM114
headers added. WTF?!?

I have even sent the same message cc'd to different account and one gets
the CRM114 headers, while the others do not. Anyone know what could
cause this behaviour?

> When running from the command line I get these from spamassassin but
> they don't continue to Mailscanner (and never have to my knowledge)

This is very odd. I'm in the same boat, except that I sometimes get the
headers added to the messages but not other times.

Is it somehow recipient dependent? I'm confused.

> Have you made any changes in the MailScanner.conf file for those
> headers?

Not to my knowledge.

Chris