Virus scanning hanging?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:17:22 IST 2007

On 13/09/2007, Gottschalk, David <dgottsc at emory.edu> wrote:
> About 2-3 megs.
>
> I think it might actually be hanging on the dangerous content filtering, not virus scanning. I was mistaken.
>
> I thought dangerous content filtering included virus scanning.

Nah.
Might be that they are some very strange files? Zip-bombs come to
mind.... Or your file command misbehaving?
You can probably "catch" them in the act in the MailScanner incoming
directory ... And check that that hasn't run full or something like
that.... The files are in subdirectories like
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/<PID of worker>/<queue ID>/<the actual
files> (IIRC:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn