4.63.8 questions

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:59:31 IST 2007

On 9/10/07, Jeff A. Earickson <jaearick at colby.edu> wrote:
> Gang,
>
> The ChangeLog for 4.63.8 mentions an improved /etc/init.d
> script for MailScanner.  Where is it in the files?

I think only the RPM release got the improvement (it's a quicker
restart). I have implemented the change in the Blastwave release of
MailScanner. As a Solaris user maybe you should take a look at it:

http://www.blastwave.org/packages/CSWmailscanner

> I gather that the "Phishing Bad Sites" business needs some
> kind of crontab entry to pull this info down hourly?  How
> to do this?  Is there some kind of centralized info on
> crontab settings needed to run MailScanner?

There's a few scripts included in bin and bin/cron. Again, I have them
included (ready to use for Solaris) in the Blastwave release. :-)

> Julian, can you please, please include the ChangeLog file
> with each release of MailScanner, in the same directory as
> the README, for quick reference?

That's a great idea.

--
/peter