office 2007 files being treated as archives

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Sat Sep 8 15:49:30 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
>
>> Scott Silva wrote:
>>
>>> Alex Neuman van der Hans spake the following on 9/6/2007 9:04 PM:

>>> If you look at the spec they are an archive. Multiple files in a
>>> container which I believe is a zip file.
>>>

>> And as such, susceptible to misinterpretation - I think I got one
>> saying the file was "too compressed to be a real archive", which to me
>> sounds like some part of MailScanner or clam or something (I'm still
>> trying to remember the specifics) thought it was like one of those
>> "42.zip" type problems.
>>
> That's not a MailScanner error message.

I know it's not "specifically", but I *did* see MailScanner's indication
of some subcomponent's misconception about the file. I haven't been able
to reproduce the problem and I don't recall the details of the specific
case, but I *will* definitely share anything on the subject as soon as
it presents itself again.