Another possible enhancement

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Thu Sep 6 17:13:45 IST 2007

Jules recently changed the default child process lifetime to 2 hours to
enable children to use updates in phishing.bad.sites list sooner.

How about a new config option to kill (and restart) children if any file
in a list changes.

So you could specify a longer child lifetime by default yet have
MailScanner reload children when certain files change.

I tend to put all my custom rules into one file.  If MailScanner
monitored that and reloaded when it changed, I wouldn't have to do a
MailScanner reload every time I edited it.

Comments, anyone?

Cheers,

Phil

--