MailScanner + Zimbra...anyone done it before?

Martin.Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Fri Sep 7 08:55:20 IST 2007

James

You could always just setup a separate gateway, but if you want it all on one machine...but I wouldn't advise it I've heard Zimbra's pretty hard on resources itself (although this is purely rumour when I tried it under very little testing it was OK). But SA (as you know) can be pretty heavy on resources.

Anyway

1) there's lots of scripts about that allow you to call the ham/spam as a imap folder and drag the email off the way. If you can't find I'll ding you mine off list..

2) you could - again I'd watch performance here..

3) In the mailwatch conf.php you can set it to call a 'sendmail' binary itself and then tell it you use the postfix sendmail equiv. here's mine..

define(QUARANTINE_USE_SENDMAIL, true);
//define(QUARANTINE_SENDMAIL_PATH, '/usr/sbin/sendmail');
define(QUARANTINE_SENDMAIL_PATH, '/usr/local/sbin/exim');

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic