Performance on 64 bit Linux vs 32 Bit

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Wed Oct 24 16:52:33 IST 2007

> Greylisting has always been on my mind, But IMHO it is a small setup
> solution. We have ~25 servers behind load balancers. That too with
> multiple MX and different IDC's
>
>   I cant see how I can use sqlgrey or any other with a common database
> efficiently. If any of my customers mails keeps getting "450 Try
again"
> from different MXes , I dont think he is going to be happy. Nor will
my
> boss be :-(

Consider using BarricadeMX or at least give it a try. It is using
multicast for cache management so even 25 servers are not a problem.
However I am willing to bet that with BarricadeMX you will not need to
have 25 servers for smtp. Look at their stats. Some of their sites are
handling a few million mails/connections a day with simply three
servers.

Regards,
  JP