Weird Problem with MailScanner

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Tue Oct 23 17:33:53 IST 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> You can try a milter like
> smf-sav,(http://smfs.sourceforge.net/smf-sav.html) but your system is
> fairly well taxed. You might get away with it if you use one less
> child. It will call to the exchange server as each message comes in
> and basically see if the user exists before accepting the full
> message. No user, dropped connection.

On my chief mailscanner 'ps aux' shows a memory footprint of about
108696.  Not that big really, and I would suspect that he's see a net
gain since a lot of connections would be dropped before ever even
downloading the message.

More memory would be good of course, if he can go that route...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500