Weird Problem with MailScanner

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Oct 23 17:12:35 IST 2007

on 10/23/2007 8:40 AM Damian Rivas spake the following:
> People:
>
> I've finally updated SA after installing all the perl modules which were
> missing. Now what is left to finish this is the Backscattering filter on
> sendmail.
>
> If you know a better way than inserting every single valid address for
> each domain in the access file for relay and catching the rest, please
> let me know because it would be a real pain to write every single mail
> address.
>
> Thank you all for everything, you've helped me a lot, I've learned a lot
> of stuff thanks to you.
>
> Regards.-
>
> Damian
You can try a milter like smf-sav,(http://smfs.sourceforge.net/smf-sav.html)
but your system is fairly well taxed. You might get away with it if you use
one less child. It will call to the exchange server as each message comes in
and basically see if the user exists before accepting the full message. No
user, dropped connection.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and