MailScanner processing email properly but is not delivering to outgoing queue

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 01:50:20 IST 2007

I have a working setup of MailScanner with MailWatch that I just upgraded
from 4.6.3 to the latest version.  Sendmail mailertable is setup to forward
email properly to the final email server which happens to be Exchange.  I
have manually tested creating an email from the MailScanner server to the
Exchange server and it works fine.  The mailq command shows that the
outbound mail queue is emtpy.  It appears that the outbound email is not
getting put in the /var/spool/mqueue directory like it should be.  The
MailScanner.conf has correct "Queue Dir" settings and the directories exist
with normal permissions.  The mailertable files has not been changed before
the upgrade when email was flowing properly.

/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
============================
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue.in
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue

/etc/mail/mailertaible
=================
domain.com smtp:[192.168.1.2]

# mailq
/var/spool/mqueue is empty
                  Total requests: 0

How do I debug MailScanner's last steps which I guess should be putting the
delivered email into the /var/spool/mqueue directory?  I tried "Debug = yes"
mode but it didn't output anything useful.

Also, the outbound email from the Exchange server to the Internet through
MailScanner is doing the same thing.  It logs to MailWatch but never makes
it to the outbound queue.
--
Dave Jones