Adding RBLs to sendmail

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 18 22:51:52 IST 2007

on 10/18/2007 9:38 AM Alex Neuman van der Hans spake the following:
> A. Eijkhoudt wrote:
>> Doh!
>>
>> It's a leftover actually, hadn't noticed it on the machine I copied
>> and pasted from :o) We snipped it out of the mc/cf on other machines
>> already...
>>
>> It doesn't actually prevent things from working so we never noticed it
>> either (because it doesn't error or warn)...!
>>
> Actually it does become a problem; depending on your situation it may
> slow down your server when it can't reach it, or slow things down
> unnecessarily. The fact that it may not be easily noticeable doesn't
> mean that you should keep it set like that. You may find your servers
> work at least marginally better by getting rid of that reference. I know
> of one case where it helped tremendously, but YMMV.
>> The rest is fine though.
There was a list that went down several years ago, whose name escapes me, but
instead of turning off their servers, they returned every lookup as if on
their list. That one caused a lot of problems. Every message got marked as spam.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and