Adding RBLs to sendmail

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Oct 18 17:38:00 IST 2007

A. Eijkhoudt wrote:
> Doh!
>
> It's a leftover actually, hadn't noticed it on the machine I copied
> and pasted from :o) We snipped it out of the mc/cf on other machines
> already...
>
> It doesn't actually prevent things from working so we never noticed it
> either (because it doesn't error or warn)...!

Actually it does become a problem; depending on your situation it may
slow down your server when it can't reach it, or slow things down
unnecessarily. The fact that it may not be easily noticeable doesn't
mean that you should keep it set like that. You may find your servers
work at least marginally better by getting rid of that reference. I know
of one case where it helped tremendously, but YMMV.