IronMail experience?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 22:20:42 IST 2007

On 17/10/2007, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> Scott Silva wrote:
> > on 10/17/2007 9:53 AM Leland J. Steinke spake the following:

> >> Here is a summary of all the responses I received regarding experience
> >> with IronMail:
> >>
> >> <summary>
> >> </summary>
> >>
> >> Thanks to all who replied.  ;-)  It should be an interesting
> >> conversation with the SecureComputing salesman.
> >>

> >> Leland
> >> [1] http://www.securecomputing.com/index.cfm?skey=1612
> >>
> > I'm surprised you didn't get at least one "I dumped|switched|left it for
> > MailScanner"
>
> I guess they are used in environments where the admin hardly is any
> better then a smart user. I notice their tags sometimes when I get hit
> by spam or misconfigured systems.
>
> Not exactly the way they might want to advertise their product. ;-)
>
> Hugo.

I only know of it from my neighbour (who happen to work at the
institute next door from us... Commute 80 km to work, and find your
next-door neighbour is your next-door neighbour at work too:-). For
them it seems to do a pretty bad job, but ... that is more or less a
non-technical users view of things... So I didn't want to say anything
about it to Leland. Hear-say would be another way to put it:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn