Bug evaluating rulesets with the MailScanner command?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 12:59:48 IST 2007

Hi Jules&everyone,

I thought I'd give Paul Houselander the usual "use MailScanner to
check your rulesets" line, with some examples... Just to get the
following:

# MailScanner --value=virusscanning --from=glenn.steen at ap1.se
--to=glenn.steen at ap1.se --ip=172.16.0.1
Can't call method "HDFileName" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/PFDiskStore.pm line 88.
#

Ok I thought, perhaps the same fix as for the --lint problem would
help, so I changed
$_='sendmail' if $WantLintOnly;
$_='sendmail' if $WantLintOnly or $WantRuleCheck;
,,, and then got:
# MailScanner --value=virusscanning --from=glenn.steen at ap1.se
--to=glenn.steen at ap1.se --ip=172.16.0.1
Can't call method "DFileName" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SMDiskStore.pm line 90.
#

Hmmm. What "undefined value"? $id is definitely set to "1" ...

I'm lagging a bit, running 4.62.9 in production on a Mandriva 2007,
but couldn't find anything in the ChangeLog that would affect this ...
and can't remember seeing anything on the list either...

Could someone please corroborate that this indeed is a problem? And
perhaps help find a fix? I'm thoroughly swamped, as is... Bl**dy
Oracle update...

Cheers
--
-- Glenn