rejected commands from localhost due to pre-greeting traffic

Johnny Stork stork at openenterprise.ca
Mon Oct 8 01:33:38 IST 2007

I am not sure whats happened to my system, and I dont recall making any
changes in the past few weeks, but I am seeing lots of these in the maillog

Oct  7 17:25:24 gateway sendmail[11378]: l980POcH011378: rejecting
commands from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] due to pre-greeting traffic

Any ideas? Most mail "seems" to be getting through though.

its a fresh CentOS 5x, current mailscanner etc.

--
*Johnny Stork*
Business & Technology Consultant
stork at openenterprise.ca