Removing attachments but delivering the message

Fabio Viero fviero at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:23:27 IST 2007

On 10/4/07, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Fabio Viero wrote:
>
> > Great Julian, thanks for the help.
> >
> > And as for credit cards, yes, non-international ones exists. The bad
> thing
> > about them is that they´re valid only inside your country ;)
>
> We just call them bankcards here. And they are only valid inside the
> Netherlands. Just about anyone here has one. I would guess creditcards
> (Mastercard, VISA, ...) have only a 1 out of 3 coverage here.
>
> But if yo have bank account you should be able to transfer money based on
> the IBAN codes. But I think that will not help you in the case of the
> book. But perhaps a local bookshop can buy it on your behalf and charge
> you the costs? Or someone else with a creditcard is willing to provide the
> service to you.
>
> Hugo.
>
> --
>         hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org        http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/
>             This message is using 100% recycled electrons.
>
>         Some men see computers as they are and say "Windows"
>         I use computers with Linux and say "Why Windows?"
>         (Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)

Actually it´s true here too. But we have Visa´s and the like wich are valid
only in Brazil. But as for the book, there´s plenty of options when it comes
to buying it. I´ll probably take Ben´s approach and ask my favorite
bookstore about the options available. Going back to matter that started
this thread, you guys pointed me the directions. If you think of anything
else i could do to achieve my goals...i´m here to listen.

Thanks all of you.