MailScanner Broke on both Fedora Core 6 & 7

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Oct 4 10:05:01 IST 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Vernon Webb wrote:

> As I mentioned previously. I just upgraded 2 Fedora Core servers one 6 and the other 7 (I know some of you don't like it, but it my server of choice) and now
> MailScanner is broke, even after reinstalling it. I did a lint test and from what I can tell all seems well. However now I am getting hit with so much spam it is
> unbelievable and nothing at all seems to be labeled as SPAM. I'm not really sure what to do. Amy ideas?

Get back to the basics. What did you upgrade? Did you apply some updates
to a FC6 machine? Of did you upgrade from say FC4 to FC6?

In the first case you should not have an issue. Even if FC6 will be out of
updates soon.

Anyone running production on Fedora is in for upgrades head aches well
before the end of the normal lifespan of that hardware. Been there, done
that, and still got the scars.

That is why I run machines with CentOS 4 or CentOS 5. Updates are there
for years to come and if you know Fedora then you know Centos. They are
pretty much 2 twigs of the same branch.

To be honest. Running production level machines on Fedora is not worth the
problems you get down the road.

Hugo.

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)