MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.64.3 released

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Oct 3 20:38:40 IST 2007

on 10/2/2007 4:30 AM Julian Field spake the following:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> Many thanks for all your work on Blastwave. We are already using it here
>>> on some of our web servers, and it has proved to be very useful and
>>> timesaving. Thank you!
>> Jules,
>>
>> May I take from your praise that you are not against MailScanner being
>> added to a repository?
>>
>> I think Dag Wiers will be glad to add MailScanner to rpmforge so you
>> have no worries about setting up a YUM repositor. It will allow
>> everyone to do what they do best.
> I initially always said no to requests like this, as I liked to keep a
> close eye on download stats (hence my 1 million downloads figure).
> However, MailScanner is getting into more and more distros now, so the
> website download stats no longer represent the number of sites using
> MailScanner in any meaningful way.
>
> So there's not much point in saying no any more, I've lost control
> anyway. So I would be most pleased if Dag would like to add it to his
> repository. If there's anything reasonable that he needs me to do in
> return, I'll do what I can.
>
> Jules

You might need to sign your rpm to show validity, or Dag could sign it with
his key.
I just tried a yum localinstall with the mailscanner rpm and rpmforge enabled
  "just to see" and yum complains that the rpm is unsigned.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and