Domain used for spam - NDR responses

Jeff Mills Jeff.Mills at versacold.com.au
Wed Oct 3 01:13:29 IST 2007

> Milter null is supposed to help, but I haven't used it.
> But you should be dropping non-existent users at the first
> point of entry to your system, either the mail server, or the
> gateway if you use one. The connections get dropped as soon
> as they give a non-existent user address.

I'm aware of this, and I do it here on my work system using a script to
pull valid email addresses from Active Directory.
However, the other system I admin looks after multiple remote domains,
so it is not an option to use recipient maps.

Looks like milter/watermark won't help us either as it tags outgoing
mail, and outgoing mail is sent direct from the backend servers.
Not to worry.. Grinning and bearing it is.
Thanks for the replies!