install-Clam-SA and clamd

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Fri Nov 30 00:17:00 GMT 2007

A buddy of mine is doing a fresh install of MailScanner on a Centos 5
box and he reported to me that when he ran the install-Clam-SA script
and it gave him the option to install Dag's rpms instead he did so.  But
then when he reran the install script and told it that clam was already
installed, it tried to build Mail::ClamAV in addition to all the SA stuff.

The build of Mail::ClamAV failed, I assume because he did not install
Dag's clamav-devel rpm.  The script only says to install clamav,
clamav-db, and clamd from Dag.

I think it would be best to skip the build of Mail::ClamAV if the user
says that clamav is already installed.  Or else tell the user to install
the devel package too.

Mark