Recipient verification to Exchange milter

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 06:05:08 GMT 2007

Hi Donald,

donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com wrote:Message     Are  you referring to spam-backscatter @ http://www.elandsys.com/scam/scam-backscatter/ ?

 Yes, I've been using it for about a year now and it works perfectly.

The new version which I'm hanging out for will have native support for mailertable.

Where at the moment an admin has to define and manage a separate conf file per recipient checked domain (and a socket), the new version will just use sendmail's mailertable to query the remote smtp server (which should also work for multiple remote smtp queries for failover).

Another benefit of that feature is that it can do it all against one sendmail socket, saving system resources like memory and cpu.

IMHO, it's the most powerful recipient checker out there, I use it to check against internal users and remote SMTP servers (which are usually Exchange).

Regards,

Michael.