Can't block wmv files

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 00:31:12 GMT 2007

Hi Jason,

Jason Ede <J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk> wrote:    P {  MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px }   Umm... Is the file being sent by Outlook/exchange? If so then it could be in a winmail.dat attachment rather than as a .wmv file. If so its probably worth using the tnef expander to expand it out although I'm not  sure if thats done before or after the filetype checking...
 I have sent the file attachments from hotmail, yahoo, gmail, which don't do the winmail.dat encoding.

I also have the tnef installed but because I have tried different extensions (wmv, lnk, swf) from different freemail providers, it wouldn't be because of tnef.

This problem has stumped me but I do need it to work so am hoping someone on the list has an idea as to what I can try or what cases it wouldn't work under.

Thanks.

Michael.

 Jason