Can't block wmv files

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 03:52:24 GMT 2007

Hi Peter,

shuttlebox <shuttlebox at gmail.com> wrote: On Nov 27, 2007 3:08 PM, Michael Mansour  wrote:
> %etc-dir%/example.com.filename.rules:
>
> and %etc-dir%/example.com.filetype.rules:

Those filenames don't match what you have in your rulesets, note the
missing .conf at the end:
My apologies, I actually meant to say there:

%etc-dir%/example.com.filename.rules.conf
%etc-dir%/example.com.filetype.rules.conf

as that is what I have in reality, I manually typo'ed it in the original email above.

> FromOrTo:       *@example.com
> /etc/MailScanner/example.com.filename.rules.conf
> FromOrTo:       default         /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
>
> FromOrTo:       *@example.com
> /etc/MailScanner/example.com.filetype.rules.conf
> FromOrTo:       default         /etc/MailScanner/filetype.rules.conf

Also, you do have tabs as whitespace in both files and no strange
end-of-lines, common if you edit the files in Windows?
I use Linux vi so no end of character issues. I also have TABs between all the entries in both files also (I think that only matters with the .conf anyway, spaces are fine with the .rules files).

This is what has baffled me, as I've done everything correct as I can see it but the movie files get through.

Michael.
--
/peter