MailScanner fails after 'up2date -u' done

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 15:59:48 GMT 2007

I have this problem on all 3 of my FC7 machines when I  run yum update... I've actually downloaded the Scalar::Util code and its ready compiled so just need to do make install on it each time after yum updates perl.

I also need to remove a lot of the perl rpm's before running yum update (mainly perl-Math-BigInt perl-Math-BigRat perl-bignum perl-Sys-Syslog and perl-MIME-Base64 and I think perl-GetOpt-Long) not sure if I've case correct on all of those... I'm waiting for day that FC7 exists as a yum repository.

Jason