problem upgrading MailScanner / PostFix Dbmail

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:18:39 GMT 2007

On 27/11/2007, Fons van der Beek <fons.vanderbeek at 84-it.com> wrote:
> I've upgraded Postfix / Mailscanner interfacing to dbmail.
>
> The mail gets scanned OK, but after the scanning proces the mail isn't
> picked up correctly and stayes deferred.
> When I restart Mailscanner /etc/init.d/MailScanner stop and start
>
> The mail is nicely processed and is deliverd, running postfix -c
> /etc/postfix.in check or postfix -c /etc/postfix check
> Doesnt produce any errors...
>
> Can anybody give me a clue what i did wrong?????????????
(snip)
> defer_transports = smtp local virtual relay
(snip)
Oh. My. God.
Stop using this old, unsupported, deprecated, unsafe method. Immediately.
The only really safe method of interfacing postfix and MailScanner is
described on the official website
(http://www.mailscanner.info/postfix.html) and also in the Wiki
(http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:installation).
These methods entail using one instance of Postfix and a header_check
to place incoming messages in the HOLD "queue"...

Until you switch to this method of doing things, there is nothing we
can do to help you.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn