URIBL_SBL timeouts running MS in debug mode.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Nov 27 00:56:16 GMT 2007

on 11/26/2007 3:56 PM Scott Silva spake the following:
> on 11/23/2007 12:38 AM Steve Freegard spake the following:
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> Scott Silva wrote:
>>> I just found my servers are both firewalled, although we have less
>>> than a tenth of the traffic that they say is allowed. I guess that
>>> they found that money is more important than the good fight! I guess
>>> I'm back to the njabl and the dsbl.
>>
>> Add Spamcop to that list (bl.spamcop.net) - it's much more reliable
>> than it used to be, so it can be safely used at the MTA level now.  It
>> is almost as effective as the SBL+XBL portions of Spamhaus from my own
>> testing.
>>
>> Remember you can still query the CBL (cbl.abuseat.org) which forms the
>> largest and most frequently changed part of the Zen dataset providing
>> you fall under their usage terms as well.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Steve.
> Does anybody have an idea on how long the block lasts? Or is it permanent?
> I have an e-mail in to spamhaus asking for info on why I was blocked.
> But I'm not holding my breath!

Finally had time to research this and it looks like I got firewalled around 1
October. I guess spamassassin caught the load as there wasn't a significant
increase of end user spam. I just used up some more of the systems horsepower.
It is nice that the system had enough headroom to keep up. Still a lot less
than the 100K per day or 320K connections per day that you are allowed.
I see an average of less than 6K per day on the crapification scale.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and