OT: MS Exchange backups

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:24:24 GMT 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 10:04 PM, Denis Beauchemin
<Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:
> >> Manager (TSM) and Backup Exec but couldn't backup our 250GB data
>
> I'm not sure I understand your question...  it takes 48 hours to backup
> to disk!
>
> Of course, we can't afford to stop Exchange to either backup or restore
> data.  Everything has to be done online...

Something is very wrong. We use Legato Networker on Solaris and it
backs up many TB during the night including at least six Exchange
servers each with larger databases than yours. Of course we spread the
full backups so most servers only gets a diff or inc backup but still
the full backups never takes more than a few hours.

--
/peter