Experimental repository for RHEL 5 / Centos 5

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:10:58 GMT 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 5:35 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Julian,
> You would be the best one to say which modules, although they are listed in
> MailScanner -V output as optional, would be a good choice to add to a system.
> Or maybe some optional packages like a clamav-wrapper that pulls in no0t only
> clamav, but clamd and perl-mail-clamav. That way the user has what he needs if
> he wants to run clam by commandline, by perl module or by clamd. All these
> options are already installed with Julian's script anyway, so I don't think it
> is too much.
> Otherwise I was just wanting some opinions so I could compile a list for
> myself to stick in my docs.

I package MailScanner for Solaris and the only thing on the optional
list I include is DBD::SQLite since you can't use the SA cache feature
otherwise. Our packages for Clam and SA pulls in some of the other
optional modules so to get a working setup you just need to install
MS, Clam and SA. That can't be too hard, can it? I would recommend
creating an empty wrapper package that pulls in what you want for a
turnkey solution if that's what you want but be careful with adding
optional things to each package. You may find that everyone has an
opinion about what optional modules are a must. :-)

--
/peter