Whitelist not working?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 14:53:58 GMT 2007

Edward Dekkers wrote:
> I'm trying to send an archive RAR file to a friend. It is a 25Mb RAR file
> with nested folders.
>
> The first dramas I had was getting Postfix to accept the damn thing. (now
> resolved)
>
> The drama is now that MailScanner blocks it ("MailScanner: Message contained
> archive nested too deeply")
>
> I've added the domain where it's going to the whitelist
> (/opt/MailSCanner/etc/rules/spam.whitelist.rules)
>
> But it still seems to be blocking.

There can be many many "whitelists". The one I provide for whitelisting
for spam checks (works on the "Is Definitely Not Spam" conf setting) is
just a useful example. You can copy the technique to any of the other
conf settings that say they can take rulesets, which are virtually all
of them. You want to create a ruleset for "Max Archive Depth", setting
it to 0 for the sender or domain you are getting this from or to, and
leave the default setting at something sensible.

> Is there any way I can get MailScanner to just ignore checking mails to this
> domain and just send the bloody mail through?
>
> Regards,
> Ed.

Jules

- --