Beginner Question

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Mon Nov 19 17:16:42 GMT 2007

On Mon, November 19, 2007 16:28, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking for a complete tutorial to setup a mail filter for our existing
> server and came upon the following article
> (http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_spam_filter_mail_gateway) but reading the
> comments below it, it stated the implementation of Mailscanner with postfix in
> this manner was unsupported?
>
> Can you guys confirm or deny this, and if so possibly recommend a similar
> tutorial?

I think that tutorial looks ok. The only 'unsupported method' was a very old two
Postfix instances method, which is not recomended. I suspect the posted of the
not supported comment was talking about the love/hate relationship the two
pieces of software have for each other. You will find more details of the
POstfix/ MailScanner politics in the wiki
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:politics

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by Technology Tiger in association with Mail Launder.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ