Mailscanner filename check and report

Greg Borders gborders at balanceconsult.com
Tue Nov 13 14:15:03 GMT 2007

contents RHO Flip Education.lg.10.31.20071.ppt.doc

Dr_Vay_shopcart.aspx.htm

It might have something to do with the fact that the file names have
multiple "." periods within the filename.  MailScanner's test might
think that they are trying to hide a file behind a second extension.
Especially bad for those with Windows with the view known extensions
off.  An old virus trick was to call a file somthing like "
mycutethingclickme.doc.exe" And the poor user would only see the
"mycutethingclickme.doc".  I think Jule's test might be warning of
that.  Check and see if all the files that are getting held back are
multi-dotted. The two you reported certianly are.

Greg. Borders
Sysadmin "at large"

--

This email message and any document  accompanying it may contain information intended only for the person(s) named.
Any use, distribution,  copying or disclosure by another person is  strictly prohibited.