Errore when I try update perl on centos 4.5

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 23:36:58 GMT 2007

Hi,

"Randal, Phil" <prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk> wrote: If yum has already downloaded the package, the procedure would be
something like:

service MailScanner stop
rpm -Uvh /var/cache/yum/update/packages/perl-5.8.5-36.el4_5.2.i386.rpm
--force

then reinstall MailScanner and start it.
I've got this same problem myself running SL4.5 64bit (and will fix it on the next MailScanner update from Jules), but I'd personally remove the RPM's first that it clashes with, upgrade the perl RPM, then re-install MailScanner.

The thing which I found odd though is that the RPM's that the perl RPM's clash with are the ones that were built by the MailScanner install.sh scipt.

It was always my understanding that when MailScanner finds the perl module installed, it wouldn't try and force the build of the MailScanner src rpm?

Michael.
If it isn't in your yum cache, wget it from a CentOS mirror and force
install it.

Cheers,

Phil
--