OT: Best virtual machine server?

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Mon Nov 12 23:36:48 GMT 2007

> If you need performance then Xen wins hands down. Never done the setup
> myself (yet). But I have some customers who found it the best bang for
> the buck and they all tried the various solutions.

I could not agree more. We just migrated our entire server farm to
Virtual Iron (http://www.virtualiron.com). Take a look at it. Their
management solution simply rocks. Their XEN performance is outstanding.
If you are ok with just one server and local discs, their single server
edition will do and this one happens to be free. Give it a shot. You do
need Intel or AMD VT hardware though!

Regards,
  JP