Mailscanner not working after update on Fedora 8

Ben Hambleton hambleto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 17:01:38 GMT 2007

I did the yum install perl-Compress-Zlib as you suggested. Now when I start
Mail scanner I get the following error:
MailScanner:        is only avaliable with the XS version at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Zip.pm line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Zip.pm line 24.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm
line 48.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 79.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 79.

As far as the build data. I get that error for each of the modules listed in
the /var/tmp folder.