Mailscanner not working after update on Fedora 8

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Mon Nov 12 16:55:27 GMT 2007

Ben Hambleton wrote:
> I had a functional box running fedora 7 and the latest version of
> Mailscanner. I updated the box to fedora 8, however mailscanner would no
> longer run. I redownloaded the installer to be on the safe side. When I get
> run the installed I get the following errors:
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.***XXX

Sounds like the install script failed trying to build an RPM of one of
the Perl modules, possibly Compress::Zlib.  You might be able to get it
working by doing

	yum install perl-Compress-Zlib

and then starting MailScanner again.

It would help a lot if you posted the build output just before the
failure.  Then we might be able to tell you why it was failing and how
to get around the failure.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall