OT: Best virtual machine server?

John P. Lang john at langherd.com
Mon Nov 12 05:53:05 GMT 2007

I may be just a little bit biased...

I've been running Linux (just about any flavor) on MS Virtual Server with no problems at all.  The virtual machine additions for Linux really help with performance (SCSI) and the time sync is quite nice.

All of my Mail Scanner installations for customers run on virtual machines running on VS.

I've also had the opportunity to play with the new Windows hypervisor, which totally rocks.  Check out the Windows Server 2008 preview builds.  64bit VM's that run at full speed....

Just my 2c

John