Postfix vs MailScanner : Slow Incoming Queue

R Wahyudi rwahyudi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 06:35:53 GMT 2007

Upgrading postfix & mailscanner does not fix my issue.

I've spent hours trying to find the cause of this delay  issue and I
found that
qmgr in /etc/postfix/master.cf  is set to wakeup every 300 second !!

I've set my qmgr to wakeup every 2 second, and it fix the problem.
Maybe this is temporary fix, and not the correct way of fixing this
issue, but it works,
and so far, I am very happy with the result.

The average message in incoming  and active queue has now come down to 0 !!

Do you guys experience similar issue ?
Does mailscanner designed to wait for qmgr to wake up ?
On average, how much delay do you guys get ?

Regards,
Rianto Wahyudi