Postfix vs MailScanner : Slow Incoming Queue

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Nov 7 11:15:41 GMT 2007

On Tuesday November 06, 2007 at 09:25:19 (PM) R Wahyudi wrote:

> On average, how much email sitting  on your postfix incoming queue ?
> I am currently using MailScanner-4.61.7-2 & postfix-2.3.2-2.
>
> I dont see any changes between these version of postfix / mailscanner
> when it comes to processing incoming queue,
> and  I dont see any reason for current mailscanner/postfix will fix this.
>
> Anyway .. I will upgrade postfix + Mailscanner to latest version, and I
> will post an update.

It would really help if you could post the configuration files. On the postfix
side, doing a: 'postconf -n' will produce the needed output. Post that here
with all the relevant mailscanner settings. As always, using the latest
versions of both programs is highly recommended. There have been some changes
in Postfix from ver. 2.3.x to 2.4.x and it would behoove you to study up on
them. Don't go the ver. 2.5.x route as it is still a beta.

Also, please post your logs. They are invaluable in these situations.

--
Gerard