Postfix vs MailScanner : Slow Incoming Queue

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:15:28 GMT 2007

On 07/11/2007, R Wahyudi <rwahyudi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for your reply Jay,
>
>  On average, how much email sitting  on your postfix incoming queue ?
>  I am currently using MailScanner-4.61.7-2 & postfix-2.3.2-2.
>
>  I dont see any changes between these version of postfix / mailscanner when
> it comes to processing incoming queue,
>  and  I dont see any reason for current mailscanner/postfix will fix this.
>
>  Anyway .. I will upgrade postfix + Mailscanner to latest version, and I
> will post an update.

Well, since these are GW systems... It might not be them slowing
things down. It just might be "on the receiving end". As is, we know
way to little about your topology/infrastructure/software/versions to
be able to tell anything for sure.
Is it the same for all gateways, or is it just the one? What does the
logs (mail as well as system) say? What performance tweaking have you
done so far?

Since this is all _after_ MailScanner is done, it is a bit OT, but ...
post up some info and some logs and we'll see what we can do:-).

BTW, do you use any milters?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn