How to archive multiple mail address to one account

Cheng Bruce itlist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 06:14:20 GMT 2007

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have tried to search via
google, but can't find the right way.

I use Centos 5.0 to be my OS and Mailscanner 4.61.7-2, Mailwatch 1.04
I would like to know how to archive some email address into another
email address and archive all email address but exclude some specified
email address such like Boss's email address.

For example:

in my ruleset :
/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Archive Mail = %rules-dir%/archive.rules

/etc/MailScanner/rules/archive.rules
FromOrTo: /[\@\.]my\.com$/ yes forward sent at my.com

When I create another rules in archive.rules, for ex:

FromOrTo:  a at 1.my.com yes forward backup1 at my.com
FromOrTo:  b at 1.my.com yes forward backup1 at my.com
FromOrTo:  c at 1.my.com yes forward backup1 at my.com
FromOrTo:  d at 1.my.com yes forward backup1 at my.com

and reload MailScanner

I found my server will be very busy and the usage of the SWAP
partition will be raised to 100% and server stop response and crash.

Therefore I remove them.
I have never met this situation before( I used MailScanner 4.54 last
year without any problem).
Now, I will update into the latest version and try it again.

And I tried to use like as following
FromOrTo:  a at 1.my.com b at 1.my.com c at 1.my.com d at 1.my.com yes forward
backup1 at my.com
It will let "b, c, d and backup1" receive the "a" and so on.

But I would like to know if there is any way can make the rule more
flexible and easy to maintain.

for ex:
Set the group alias
EX: sales = a at 1.my.com b at 1.my.com c at 1.my.com
FromOrTo:  sales yes forward backup1 at my.com

I also would like to know how to archive all messages (fromorto) and
exclude some special email address .

Please advise me and thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Bruce