Increase score for an RBL hit

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 21:01:30 GMT 2007

Hi,

Does anyone have an answer for my query below?

Thanks.

Michael.

Michael Mansour <micoots at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi,

Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond at prolocation.net> wrote: Hi!

> I just started using the APEWS RBL and got some hits on it for IP
> ranges from some well known Australian ISP's (which some of my friends
> and family use).

You are seriously -using- APEWS? Eeks.

I would stronly advise not to even consider using that list.

> Is there a way I can configure that a hit in an RBL increases the SA
> score instead of blocking the email entirely?

Just add it in SA , if you wanna use it.
Forgive me for asking a possibly very simple question, but how do I add an RBL to SA?

I've previously gone through:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists

and the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf documentation and it isn't really covered well (or covered so it's  simple to understand).

I've gone through the:

/usr/share/spamassassin/20_dnsbl_tests.cf

file and also my local.cf.

I'm thinking if I defined in my local.cf the following (for arguments sake I'll stick with APEWS):

header RCVD_IN_APEWSL2         eval:check_rbl('apewsl2', 'l2.apews.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_APEWSL2       APEWSL2 some description
tflags RCVD_IN_APEWSL2         net
score RCVD_IN_APEWSL2         2.0

??

Thanks again.

Michael.
Bye,
Raymond.

Support  MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!