OT: VMware

Remy de Ruysscher remy at unix-asp.com
Thu May 31 14:20:48 IST 2007

We are investigating VM Virtual Infrastructure 3.0 (not free) with a FC SAN.
This allows you to dynamically adjust resources,
with Virtual SMP you could cluster your servers into one pool and allocate
80% of the pool to one virtual machine.

Offcourse VMWare won't make the server any faster but with a large pool you
can easily benefit of VSMP.

Regards,
Remy.

BTW It can also dynamically auto adjust your resources with DRS.