Attachments messed up going to Exchange

Paul Bijnens Paul.Bijnens at xplanation.com
Thu May 31 11:29:52 IST 2007

On 2007-05-30 19:02, Scott Silva wrote:

> Sender is using Thunderbird, receiver is using Outbroke (outlook), so Rich
> text is not the issue.

If the LookOut receiver sees the filenames of the attachment only
as ".dat" files, instead of the original name, then you problaby run
into:

 http://kb.mozillazine.org/Attachments_renamed

The explanation there is about thunderbird 1.5.
I'm using thunderbird 2.0 and the default setting for that parameter
is "3", which seems to solve the problem for Outlook and Thunderbird
receipients at the same time, by adding mimeheaders so that both are
picking up the right name.

If you're too lazy to read/understand the article,
then do in thunderbird:

   Preferences  -> Advanced  -> Config Editor...

find parameter    "mail.strictly_mime.parm_folding"
and set the value to "0" instead of "2".
If the value is "3", you're already using Thunderbird 2.0,
which does not generate the problem the LookOut lusers.

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
http://www.xplanation.com/          email:  Paul.Bijnens at xplanation.com
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *
* F6, quit, ZZ, :q, :q!, M-Z, ^X^C, logoff, logout, close, bye, /bye, *
* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *