Slightly OT: mta.sh problem

Jim Coates jimc at laridian.com
Thu May 31 02:44:33 IST 2007

James,

Thanks... we actually found the problem.  Turned out they had upgraded
MailScanner, but hadn't yet configured the mta.sh script.  It was working
fine, because it hadn't been restarted, but once they did it failed.

We got the script configured and all is well now.

I do however still have one issue... I used the DaemonPortOption that binds
outbound IPs to the same one used for inbound.  This works great, except for
mail submitted by things such as php mail, because it uses
127.0.0.1/localhost.  Sendmail complains that it can't bind to that address
for outbound mail (which I understand).

How can I tell Sendmail to use a different outbound IP for the localhost
mail?

Thanks,
Jim