Slightly OT: mta.sh problem

James lists at jfworks.net
Thu May 31 02:03:33 IST 2007

Jim Coates wrote:
> My ISP was working on implementing a DaemonPortOption today for a
> multihomed machine.  When they went to restart sendmail (for use with
> MailScanner) using the mta.sh script, they got a "recipient not
> specified" error.
>
> It appears that they can start sendmail using sendmail's regular
> startup script, but when they try to run multiple instances for use
> with MailScanner, it bombs out with the error message.
>
> They of course say that they didn't change anything else and have
> backed out the DaemonPortOption line that they added.
>
> Any ideas what might be going on?
>
> Thank you,
> Jim Coates

Not sure how they are doing things, but I have added an additional port
for users with problems on port 25. Here is the relevant part in my
sendmail.mc. This works just fine with the MailScanner script that
handles sendmail startup/shutdown. Listens on both port 25 and 99.

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=999, Name=MSA, M=E')dnl

HTH

James