Attachment Warning Filename Question

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Wed May 30 20:11:12 IST 2007

johan.boye at latecoere.fr a écrit :
>>> # Then, I want to notify the recipient when a filename/type has been
>>>
> blocked :
>
>>>      Warning Is Attachment = yes
>>>      Attachment Warning Filename =
>>>
> %report-dir%/stored.filename.message.txt
>
>>>         But  you told me to put that instead :
>>>      Attachment Warning Filename = %org-name%-Attachment-Warning.txt
>>>

>> This filename doesn't exist anywhere on your server.  This is
>> the name the attachment will use in your emails.  The
>> contents of the message will come from:
>> Deleted Bad Filename Message Report =
>>
> %report-dir%/deleted.filename.message.txt
>
> Ok, so now, i have this :
>     Warning Is Attachment = yes
>     Attachment Warning Filename = %org-name%-Attachment-Warning.txt
> And
>     Stored Bad Content Message Report =
> %report-dir%/stored.content.message.txt
>     Stored Bad Filename Message Report =
> %report-dir%/stored.filename.message.txt
>     Stored Virus Message Report = %report-dir%/stored.virus.message.txt
>
> But it still not notify any recipient...
>
>    Did i mist something somewhere ?

Strange...  it's working fine here.  I just sent myself a zero byte
test.exe file (we block all EXE files) and I received the email with the
stored.filename.message.txt text.  I even received a second email sent
to the sender because I have "Notify Senders = yes".

The only option I can think of that could be causing this is: "Deliver
Cleaned Messages = yes".  Is yours set to "yes"?

Denis
PS: I didn't ask earlier but you are restarting/reloading MS after your
changes to MailScanner.conf, right?

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste