%rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Wed May 30 19:26:16 IST 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> Alex Neuman van der Hans spake the following on 5/30/2007 10:36 AM:
>
>> I'd like to know if, like in:
>>
>> From:   1.2.3.   yes # Whitelist everything that *begins with* 1.2.3. in
>> its IP Address
>>
>> one could:
>>
>> From:   *.blableble.com     yes     # ... do the same with everything
>> that reverse-resolves to something.blableble.com
>> or
>> From:   .blableble.com   yes # or this way...
>>
> Should work, but will open you up to every spam mail that pretends to come
> from that domain. But I think the above will only match sub-domains of
> blableble.com, like server1.blableble.com or otherserver.blableble.com

True, but I'd like to match the reverse DNS and not the HELO, the SMTP
sender, or the Envelope Sender. Makes it harder to supplant
.blableble.com since you'd have to have control of the PTR record for
your IP.

This I'd like to do mostly for e-mail coming from blackberries and such
that use someone else's server. SPF is already set up this way, but I'd
like to take it one step further.