Forcing processing of mails in incomming queue

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:48:06 IST 2007

On 29/05/07, Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama.com> wrote:
> ashok Kumar wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >            The mails in the outgoing queue for a particular domain can
> > be flushed by the command sendmail -v -qRexample.com.  But suppose i
> > want to speed up the processing and delivery of some mails in the
> > incomming queue, (/var/spool/mqueue.in), say for a particular domain,
> > how it can be done.  Can this be done using sendmail or MailScanner.
> >
> > --
> > regards,
> > Ashok.
> I'm guessing it could be done using sendmail -v -qRexample.com -O
> QueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
Um, exactly what effect are you looking for there Alex? If it's in
that queue, doesn't it stay there until MS is well and truly done with
it (Just out of curiosity, since I don't use Sendmail:-)....? That's
what I'd expect anyway...

So... Maiking MailScanner work as well as possible would be the sole
"true solution" there, now wouldn't you agree?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn