Beta release: 4.60.5 - compress attachments

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 28 16:08:26 IST 2007

Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
> - attachment size --> makes no sense to zip a 100k file
> - filetype --> makes no sense to zip archives, movies, mp3 etc.

Who else wants these? The filetype checks would be done by filename
suffix, not by reading the actual file or launching any external program
(such as the 'file' command). I don't want to make this a huge
heavyweight beast.

Zip Attachments Minimum Size = 100k
Don't Zip Attachments Ending = .zip .rar .gz .mp3 .mpg .mpeg

If I do implement either of these, this is as complicated as it's going
to get.
Who wants either (please specify which one) or both of these settings?

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM